Thursday, July 19, 2012

Vacation Recap: Pt. 5

Friday was our last day at the beach. We are wild and crazy kids so we went to a second fort on our trip. Neato! We hopped down to Sullivna's Island to visit Ft. Moultrie. It's across the harbor from Ft. Sumter and so we felt we needed to stop by to complete our historic experience.

I hadn't been since I was a kid...turns out...it hasn't changed at all! We watched a hysterical video on the fort's history. I don't think they intended it to be funny, but we chuckled the whole time! After the movie we braved the humidity and toured the fort.

The girls even got their Jr. Ranger badges! The volunteer was super awesome and made a big announcement.

After the fort we had lunch at a local seafood place with giant shrimp and tasty desserts. After naps and snacks we returned to the beach for one last evening of fun.

It was a great week and we are so thankful for the time together as a family.

Family vacations have always been important to me but I don't take them for granted. I realize how fortunate we are to be able to afford them. This was yet another awesome Lamar family adventure and we can't wait for our next one!

No comments: