Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day Goodness

My Mother's Day ended with a very sick kiddo but it started out well enough. We went to church and then out to lunch with Nana and Granddad. Despite some serious arguing we manged to play a game while Allie napped and I even got to read a few (emphasis on few) pages of my latest book.

Anastasia had created a masterpiece for me in art class, but unfortunately when she got it home and unwrapped it from the newspaper....it was someone else's project. There were many tears but Jamie and I assured her that it was not a big deal and it would just help make my Mother's Day last a bit longer. Please say a prayer that the project is located quickly. I'm not sure she can handle it much longer.

Ainsley presented me with a lovely construction paper flower and the following note.

Such a sweet sentiment from my middle child. And I was going to serve the dreaded chicken casserole this week, but after she said I was only 30, I think I'll give her a week's reprieve.

No comments: