
Running a marathon in January can be a chilly prospect. We had good weather in Orlando this year, but it was still chilly at the start. I began both races dressed in more clothes than you see pictured above. But rather than carry those clothes with me when it was time to shed them...I tossed them along the side of the race course. Wasteful? Some might say yes, especially if they saw how nice the pants were that I chucked on Marathon Sunday. But the cool part is....those clothes aren't trashed. They are re-gifted. It's nice to know Disney goes the extra mile to collect all those clothes (25,000+ runner=a lot of discarded clothes) and make sure they fall into the right hands. You can read about where my clothes ended up here. Neato!
1 comment:
Really cool! I often wondered what happened to that stuff.
Post a Comment