Thursday, April 21, 2011

Post-Its For Peace

Since I work in the evenings, I say goodnight to the girls on the phone. We give hugs and kisses each afternoon before I leave, but our final nighty-night is done on my cell phone. You wouldn't think that would leave much room for arguments, but lately WWIII has broken out over who gets to talk to mom first. We tried the whole "speakerphone so no one is first thing" but that was a spectacular failure. One child left the room in a huff, thus negating the whole purpose of the speakerphone to begin with.

So now, in the effort of peace, I have turned to Post-It notes.

I am making one each week that has a list of who goes first on which night. So far....it's working, at least until I forget to make one. Maybe I can make a Post-It for that too.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This would totally happen in my house too. Any reason at all to battle with each other if they are in the mood for it!