I've always been mesmerized by the photography of Ansel Adams, specifically his images of Grand Teton National Park. And then this week, I discovered that Adams once photographed my own mountains. He traveled here in 1948 and declared the Smoky Mountains "devilish hard to photograph."
The Knoxville Museum of Art now has some of the images he took when he came to Tennessee. When we were there on Tuesday, we were able to see one of them.
You can see the rest of them on the museum's website. I had hoped I could teach the girls a ting or two on spring break, but as it turns out I am learning as much as they are!
I hope that my work will encourage self expression in others and stimulate the search for beauty and creative excitement in the great world around us.
- Ansel Adams
No comments:
Post a Comment