Allie recently moved up to a new class for Sunday School. She is now out of the nursery and in an actual class where they do a Bible lesson each Sunday. Now don't get me wrong, there's a healthy dose of playtime and snacking as well, but there's also a curriculum geared towards toddlers.
Jamie and I like to ask Allie what she learned when we pick her up after church. Yesterday we were loading her into her carseat for the ride home and we asked her to fill everyone in on her lesson. She proudly held up a picture she had created as a part of it.
The lesson from Genesis was on Joseph and the coat he was given by his father, Jacob. As you may remember, that coat was a point of contention between Joseph's brothers. Allie's interpretation of the story was awesome. I really should start recording these things, because there is no way I can do it justice. She completely understood the story though. "Joseph's fwends were vewy angry with him. They didn't get a coat and they were jealous."
I'm incredibly thankful for the amazing teachers who can help even my three-year-old understand the lesson behind a Bible story. That is a gift and talent not everyone possesses and I'm sure glad we have such awesome folks at our church!

No comments:
Post a Comment