Each year I watch the proud kids receive their very own copy of God's word. This year, it was our family's turn. I still sometimes have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that Anastasia is in 3rd grade!
She was so excited about this milestone in her Christian life. On Sunday, Anastasia stood with her friends in front of the congregation and was presented with her Bible. Some of our family stayed over from Allie's party the day before so they could be on hand to share this moment with Anastasia. After the presentation was over, she and one of her good friends spent the rest of the service exploring it with new eyes. They've been reading the Bible for several years now, but there's something different about being handed a Bible with YOUR name imprinted on the front. I think that even at 8 (almost 9) years old they realize the significance of our church family giving them such a precious gift.
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6

No comments:
Post a Comment