Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Allie's Surgery
Apparently my kids think that because I work for a hospital, they should be patients there. Today is the second time in two months I've had to swath one of my girls in a hospital gown. Allie got her tubes this morning. We had to be there by 6:15 a.m. and she couldn't eat before the procedure. She did okay with not having breakfast although she kept trying to pull my shirt down! I was with her until 7:30. They took her back and then about 10 minutes later the doctor came out and said it went well. Right at 8 she was back in my arms. I was prepared for her to be upset since the nurses said sometimes the anesthesia makes them fussy, but of course Allie was fine. The nurse said she was amazing and didn't even whimper. She ate right away and then we were discharged. After a nice nap together this morning, she is happy as a clam. I'm so relieved that it's over and I hope this is exactly what she needs to get rid of those pesky ear infections.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment