We left for Florida on Friday afternoon and made it as far as Cordele (The Watermelon Capitol of the World, in case you were wondering) before crashing for the night. On Saturday we were up with the chickens and on the road after breakfast in our room. We made it to the Florida state line just in time for Allie's mid-morning feeding. We posed by the "Welcome to Florida" sign for our obligatory photo and then were on our way. Lunch was at Steak and Shake where kids eat free on the weekends. (Bonus!) We hopped on the turnpike and were at our hotel by 3. Technically hotel check-in didn't begin until 4, but thankfully our room was ready. I walked in the lobby of the Contemporary Resort and was immediately greeted by a Disney employee. "Welcome home," he said. I kinda liked that. We got our room keys and went off to get settled. We were staying at Bay Lake Tower, but you have to check in over at Contemporary.
We walked in the room and...WOW. That's all I can say. Sleek, modern, and the most amazing views. We could see Space Mountain, Cinderella's Castle AND Bay Lake from the balcony. We've now been ruined forever. None of us ever want to stay anywhere else ever again. Allie needed to take a nap so Ainsley, Anastasia and I donned our suits and hit the pool. It was a great pool. It even had this awesome waterslide which totally rocked my face off. I think I enjoyed it more than the kids. We ate dinner in our room and did more swimming before heading up to the roof for a glimpse of the view. The girls made character masks in the community room and then we turned in for the night. Jamie and I watched the Magic Kingdom fireworks from our balcony (can we say freaking awesome?!?!?!?!) and crashed. It was a great first day of vacation.
No comments:
Post a Comment