Saturday, July 10, 2010

10 months old


We've finally hit double digits! Allie is ten months old today. It seems like she learns something new every day right now. She is now crawling very well. No more of that army crawling either. The real deal. Of course crawling means keeping her out of the cat's food dish and away from tiny Barbie shoes. One day I found a screw in her mouth. I'm still trying to figure out where that came from!

She can wave hello and good-bye. She can also say "bye-bye." I'm putting that down as her first word. She says it quite clearly now. She loves (and I mean LOVES) real food. We've pretty much stopped giving her baby food at all. She is into pears, carrots, bananas, pancakes, etc. She's very curious about what we're eating. The other night she tried to swipe my pizza! I bought her some yogurt at the store today and she is very much into that.

Allie is thriving at day care. She is quite a busy bee and loves playing (some might say less playing and more bullying) with the other babies. There is a set of twins about her age that seem to really capture her attention. She has her teachers wrapped around her fingers although they are frustrated by her lack of napping. They know that I want her to be awake in the evening so we can all spend time with her, so they try to get her to take a long afternoon nap. Despite their best efforts, most days she will have nothing to do with it. They still call her Allie Cat which I think is adorable. She's already made friends with the teacher in the one-year-old class so she'll be happy as a clam when she moves up to Ms. Sandra.

Allie is a live wire that is going to keep us on our toes. I am excited about the changes the coming months will bring, but oh I am so sad to see her infancy passing us by. She has become such an individual with SUCH a personality. Happy 10 months Allie!

No comments: