Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Time Out


Life with three children is not suprisingly busy, hectic and wonderful. We run from sun-up to sundown packing as much into every day as we can. That leaves precious little time for relaxation. Recently I had the opportunity to lie in a hammock with Allie and rest for close to two hours. We did nothing. No chores were accomplished. No e-mails were answered, no grocery lists were made. Facebook statuses were not updated. She fell asleep right away, clearly signaling her approval of our self-imposed time out. I dozed lightly while soaking in the warm afternoon and the breeze. Rarely do I afford myself the time to do nothing. I stretched out and allowed my mind to wander. It was liberating and restful. I've now decided every home should come equipped with a hammock and a shade tree. Everyone needs a place suspended from the rat race where you can just be.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Amen, Sister. Amen.