Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Crib Notes

The summer of 2003 Jamie and I painstakingly selected the perfect crib. We looked at dozens of them online and in the stores, trying to find *the* crib. It was set up in the nursery long before there was a baby to actually sleep in it.

Now, seven years later, the crib has been recalled. And while I want Allie to be safe when she sleeps, I must say I am sad to see it go. A replacement crib just won't be the same. Jamie dismantled the old one over the weekend so we can send back the required parts to the manufacturer.


The remnants are sitting in the garage now, but I am hoping to give them new life. I think I'll talk to Pop about turning the wood from the crib into picture frames or little doll beds for the girls. I would like to see it live on in another way that would be meaningful to them. In the meantime poor Allie is sleeping in her Pack and Play. She keeps looking at it with confusion as if to say, "Where did my nice bed go?"

No comments: