Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Allie's Check-up

When I made Allie's appointment last month I didn't look at my calendar. I didn't notice that her appointment was on the 11th. You know, the day there is no school for my oldest?. So this morning we all four traipsed over to the pediatrician's office. The man who maintains the fish tank was there in the waiting room feeding the fish and cleaning the tank. That kept the girls occupied while we waited. In retrospect I should've just left them in the waiting room. They were less than helpful back in the exam room. We had Allie weighed- 10 pounds 8 ounces! And she's now 21 inches long. The doctor says she looks great, but I'm concerned that her growth has leveled off. He said we'll see what she looks like at her 4 month check-up before we jump to any conclusions. (I love this doctor!) I answered the doctor's questions about Allie's sleeping and eating habits while refereeing a fight over the iPod and putting Ainsley's shoes back on. She kept saying "I'm hungry. I'm hungry. I'm hungry." The doctor in his infinite wisdom put the girls to work. They had to fetch his light, throw away tongue depressors, and put the ear looky thingy back in its spot.





She had three vaccinations today. The girls were very clear when the nurse came in: "That's our sister. SHE'S the one getting the shots. Not us." There was no throwing themselves in front of the vaccine bus for their beloved little sister. Nope, they shoved her right out there in the open. She screamed, I cried, and the girls stood by helplessly. It was all over in an instant and we were on our way. Allie's taking a good snooze. The girls are taking in a movie with their dad this afternoon so I'm looking forward to some one-on-one time with Allie. After all those shots she needs some extra cuddling!

So check out these pamphlets that were in the exam room....um, what about the parents of girls. More specifically THREE girls. I guess there's no amount of pamphleting that can help a parent through puberty with three girls. There should just be a coupon for valium or maybe a gift certificate to a winery. ; )

No comments: