Monday, November 9, 2009

A half-bubble short of level

So yeah, my Christmas shopping is done and I had tonight's dinner made by 9:30 this morning. The goody bags are all ready for the party on Saturday. I've already started Allie's baby book and earlier today someone called me inspirational. While I appreciated the compliment it couldn't be further from the truth. In all reality I'm a half-bubble short of level. I'm a wife and a mom of three who is treading water and trying to keep my head above the surface. My kids have been sitting in front of PBS for the last hour and 24 minutes. I cheated and used canned chicken in tonight's recipe. A recipe from my mother that most assuredly does not call for chicken out of a can. Sure my photo albums are all labeled neatly on the spines and I actually *enjoy* running, but my sink is full of dirty dishes.




See I really mean it. That's what my sink looks like right now.



And see that? Those are dust bunnies currently residing under my china cabinet. Dust bunnies that have many cousins under my fridge, my couch, and my bed. I'm not SuperMom or a role model. I'm just another busy woman with many plates to twirl. Plates that are currently covered with yesterday's dried mac and cheese.

No comments: