Sunday, October 23, 2011

Wedding Bells

On Saturday, two of my wonderful co-workers were married in Asheville. We had all planned to go, but sickness and home renovations left us in a fractured state and only two of us made the trip over the mountains for the ceremony.

Ainsley and I made a stop at the Biltmore gift shop when we arrived in Asheville. The estate's winery make some fabulous vino and I can't ever find it here in Tennessee so I stopped in for a few bottles. Ainsley picked out some gifties for her sisters as well as for herself. After a lunch at the swanky Biltmore McDonald's, we headed downtown for the wedding.

B&T chose the stunning Basilica of St. Lawrence for their ceremony.
It was a beautiful church and the perfect setting for B&T's nuptials.
The ceremony was lovely and a true reflection of how much B&T are into each other. The reception didn't start for a bit so Ainsley and I headed over to the mall for a snack and some shopping. We found a sale on dresses and found one she loved. So much so, she changed into it in the dressing room so she could wear it at the reception.

We successfully drove out to the reception (with no GPS I might add....) which was south of Asheville at Taylor Ranch. It's an actual working cattle ranch on some of the most beautiful land you've ever seen.
We got to visit with B&T and then we got to see the Cattle Call.
After a tasty meal, some really beautiful toasts from the family of the bride and groom....it was time to party!

Ainsley and I had fun cutting a rug with everyone on the wooden plank dance floor.

I'm so thankful B&T included us in their celebration. They are a really neat couple and I wish them all the best as they begin this next adventure.

No comments: