Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Coupon Queen



I have always thought myself to be pretty intelligent when it comes to coupons and savings. I found out earlier this week I am but an amateur. A mere poser in the game of economic transactions.

I was at CVS. I had a free $25 gift card that I had gotten with a prescription refill. I did my homework in their weekly ad, so I knew what I was there for. I used my coupons and my CVS Extra Care Card and purchased: (2) Jumbo Packs of Pampers, (1) Burts Bees Lip Balm, (1) pack paper plates, (1) bottle Dawn Dish Soap, and (1) pack of sponges. I paid 51 cents. The woman in the lane next to me put me to shame. I think they actually paid her to take merchandise. She had a two-inch three-ring binder FULL of her coupons. Made my little plastic coupon holder look like a Wiffle Ball bat in the Major Leagues. I guess I have a lot to learn before I can assume the throne of Coupon Queen.

No comments: