She was watching one of her favorite PBS Kids shows. They were obviously discussing the solar system and mentioned that Pluto was not a planet. She paused the show, popped out one of the ear buds and said, "Mom, why did they say Pluto is not a planet?" I told her that a few years back some scientists decided it didn't meet the criteria to be a planet. She replied, "Well *I* believe in Pluto." I explained that it wasn't a matter of the planet existing or not, no one disputes that, but rather a matter of classification. "Well, I'm still going to call it a planet." Sounds good to me. But I pity the science teacher that tries to contradict her.
1 comment:
Here's the problem, if Pluto isn't a planet, then we have to find something to replace it. Otherwise, I'll never know what My Very Excellent Mother Just Served Us Nine of. It's very bothersome!
Post a Comment