Thursday, October 28, 2010

It Could Be Worse....It Could Be Raining



I'm not a horror flick kind of girl. I remember dad letting me sit in his lap and watch a Colombo movie on TV once and it gave me nightmares for weeks. It's just not my thing. (Not that Colombo is a horror film...but you get my drift.) But there is one Halloween movie that is a must-watch on my list each October. I was in high school the first time I saw Mel Brooks' Young Frankenstein and I remember it like it was yesterday.

The movie has long been a Halloween tradition for Jamie and I. We broke out the DVD again this week, knowing that we'd be too tired to actually watch it after dragging three kids around the neighborhood on the 31st. I swear it gets funnier with every viewing despite the fact we can recite the dialogue by heart. If you've never seen it....well, you're really missing out. Gene Wilder, Terri Garr, Peter Boyle, Madeline Kahn and Cloris Leachman. Plus a bunch of other characters you'd recognize including a cameo from Gene Hackman. Do yourself a favor this Halloween and Netflix (or Red Box or whatever) this one. You won't be disappointed.

No comments: