Friday, October 8, 2010

Through the Lens

When you're a kid, you look at the world differently. That is no more evident than when I let the girls loose with a camera. They always capture a unique perspective on life I just will never be able to muster. Tonight, Anastasia captured the cat after she had crawled in a plastic bag.
The cat is photographed often. Perhaps due to her proximity to the girls. Then there are the toys. It's funny to see Anastasia and Ainsley take pictures of their Barbies because I have dozens of snapshots of my sister and I with our Barbies.

And of course, there are the self-portraits. (Notice my butt placed squarely behind her!)
All kids should be sent forth with a camera. I've had one in my hands since the age of six. Looking back on those early images I get an insight on my world that isn't possible to gain from an adult's view. And now, with digital cameras, it's easier than ever before to let kids experiment with a camera. There's so much we can all learn when they look through the lens.

No comments: