
You are probably wondering why a bowl of ice is being posted with this week's training update. As it turns out, ice water is how I recovered from my recent 14 mile run. I didn't drink it though, I bathed in it.
Runners swear by recovery ice baths and I must say that once the initial shock wore off, it really did help my legs. I'm up to 76 miles for the month of October. I still have about 70 days to go until the races which means I will log many, many more miles in the weeks ahead.
As I have mentioned before, I am running to support Inheritance of Hope, an organization that provides resources for families with a terminally ill parent. If you or anyone you know can help support this organization I would greatly appreciate it. You can donate at my fundraising page. Every single cent helps.
1 comment:
Great job! I have read about ice bathes and thought they sounded like torture.
So with traveling I did not run for over a week and I totally paid for it tonight. Also I ran on the treadmill for the first time since I started the program and I hated every minute of it. I felt like I was going to fall off it. I always heard that the treadmill was easier, but it felt so much harder. What's up with that?
Anyway - I am so proud of you! Good luck.
Post a Comment