Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Notes From the Road: Training Update #3

I ran 16 miles this weekend. 11 of those were on Saturday morning. I quickly discovered that running in Tennessee's oldest town is a much hillier prospect than running on the greenway here at home. It was a good run and I was pleased to discover minimal soreness the next day.

It was a beautiful day for a run. And with scenery like this, I didn't even notice the miles.

I ran past a few of the tents where festival goers were laughing and applauding. When the wind was right, I could even hear the tellers. I also was able to hear an old man shout at me as I passed him on the street. "Naked woman runnin," he said. I actually looked around to see if there was some naked woman running near me. Then it dawned on me that he meant me. I was fully-clothed at the time so I am not sure what his exclamation meant. I also got honked at later in my run so perhaps I need to adjust my running attire!

So that's the update from the road. Still plugging along with my fundraising as well. If you know anyone who would like to Support Inheritance of Hope, please share my fundraising page with them. Every donation helps!

No comments: