It's a very spacious room and one of the reasons I fell in love with the house in the first place. But all that space isn't being used as efficiently as it could be. Storage and countertop space hasn't been maximized.
I'm very excited because a contractor is coming tomorrow. He will be giving us an estimate for remodeling our kitchen. Here are some of the things I'd like to see happen:
1. Dishwasher (this is THE most important part of the renovation process)
2. New countertops
3. New cabinets
4. Better lighting
5. New sink
6. New window treatments
7. Turn the weird concrete bench into a cushioned bench with storage underneath
8. Add cabinets, including one to house the trash can and my cleaning supplies as well as a pantry
9. New appliances
Just to name a few.....So consider the remodeling process started. We'll hear from this contractor tomorrow and a few others before we make our decision. No matter what, I'm excited about getting the ball rolling.
1 comment:
Wow, Yes, that is a huge and beautiful room, but the space is really not well-designed as a kitchen. I'm sure you and Jamie will make it look great. First the new couches...now this! You are growing up, young lady!
Post a Comment