Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Tale of Two Spring Breaks


That's Anastasia and her best friend S. They are two peas in a pod.

See? S and Anastasia enjoy each others company immensely. So school breaks are hard. Especially when one of the friends gets to go to Hawaii and they can't even talk on the phone. Obviously WE didn't go to Hawaii, but S and her family are there right now. Anastasia had hoped to hitch a ride in S's suitcase, but I pointed out how long the flight was and that she would've been quite cramped by the end.

I knew S's family was scheduled to leave TN for paradise late last week. And I knew that would have arrived just before the earthquake struck Japan. I fretted about their family all day Friday and was quite relieved to see S's mom post on Facebook late Friday. She said they did have to move to higher ground when the wave struck Hawaii. We were so glad to hear they are all safe and enjoying their adventure. We can't wait to hear more once they're back in the Volunteer state.

No comments: