Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Marathon Week

Marathon week is here. That means obsessively checking the 7-day planner for rain chances/temperatures and hydrating like nobody's business. My final long training run on Saturday was completed in the pouring rain. Hopefully we won't have that much precipitation, but I am worried about it being too warm. The race starts late (7:30 a.m.) so for slow-goers like myself...I won't be finishing until noon or later.

But weather is the one thing not in my control for Sunday's race. Sleep, diet and hydration are all within my grasp so I'm choosing to focus on those. I'm very much looking forward to getting out there and running in my city again .

This is me during the 1/2 Marathon in 2008.

Can't wait to actually run the full marathon. I suppose I should study up on the back half of the course since I haven't ever run that portion before!

No comments: