Before I promised the homemade variety I made sure I had all the ingredients necessary. Flour-check. Salt-check. Water-check. Vegetable oil-check. Food coloring-check. Cream of Tartar that expired sometime around my first wedding anniversary-check.
I forgot how quickly you can make playdough. We planned to make two batches, but the recipe calls for 2 tsp. Cream of Tartar and my little expired tin only contained 2 tsp. In order not to play favorites we chose a neutral color: orange.
They are playing with it right now and I have promised to stop by the store on my way to work and get more Cream of Tartar so we can make another batch tomorrow.
Hopefully today's batch will buy the sitter at least 30 minutes of peace this afternoon.
1 comment:
Homemade play dough is so much better ... or so I'm told! I don't like play dough, but the kids love it and Donna has made it with them. We store it in the fridge to make it last longer.
Post a Comment