Saturday, May 7, 2011

Berries, Blooms and A Bike Helmet

I had marked today on my calendar weeks ago. It was the opening day of our Farmer's Market! After the long winter months I was looking forward to their bounty....and one item in particular. Strawberries. Not those overripe...monstrous ones you buy at the grocery store, but honest-to-goodness real farm strawberries.
It is safe to report they are the best strawberries I've had in a long time. Even Allie ate them up like candy. I will be going back next week for more.

Ainsley had one item on her list as well....fresh flowers. She selected this beautiful arrangement.
The white blooms are antique roses and the greenery is fresh mint. They are all sitting in a Mason jar. The farmer's market at its best.

The police department was on hand today as well....giving away free bicycle helmets! Ainsley was fitted by an officer and is now the proud owner of a new helmet. I'm so looking forward to the months ahead and all the bounty our local farmer's will be sharing with us. If it is half as tasty as today's strawberries, we'll be in for a treat!

No comments: