Monday, May 9, 2011

Destination Postcard

When I was a kid, I collected postcards. Sometimes they were postcards people sent me but often they were just blank cards I picked up when we traveled. I liked them because they were cheap souvenirs of the places we visited.

In the age of Facebook and Twitter...postcards are becoming obsolete. So imagine my surprise when I found one, from half-way across the world no less, in my mailbox this weekend.

It was from my cousin Lucy who is traveling and studying abroad for a bit.

The funny thing is, I've been reading her blog for weeks. I have been able to see pictures of Paris, Sorrento and her Easter at St. Peter's within hours of her explorations. In a sense....she's been sending us postcards all along, just in the form of her blog.

I still really enjoyed getting an actual postcard. The girls had fun checking out the stamps and the postmarks from a country so far away.

Perhaps I'll dig out that old collection of mine so they can travel around the world as they flip through those postcards.

No comments: