Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer Vacation Kickoff

With school out for the summer, I'd been wanting to do a fun outing with the kids to kick off the break. Storms interfered on Thursday, but today's weather was perfect. I didn't really have time to be schlepping around the zoo today, but with temps creeping into the mid-90's next week, I made the time. Nana even joined us for the trip!
We hit the Wee Play Zoo first. The zoo was hosting a lot of field trips today, but no one was in the Wee Play area so the kids had it to themselves. After that the girls finally got to ride a camel.
We had been trying to ride them the last 3 or 4 trips to the zoo, but they had always been closed. Thankfully....today they were open!
We saw our favorite animals, played in our favorite spots and enjoyed a wonderful picnic lunch.
It was a really great day.
We can't wait to go back!

No comments: