Friday, May 6, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

Easter weekend we found ourselves in the possession of beautiful weather and a few extra moments to ourselves. I decided it was high time we tackled an eyesore in the backyard.

See? It looked awful back there! I hope the former owners of the house never see that photo. They took such good care of the back yard. We however...have not.

After a trip to Lowe's for supplies we began the backbreaking work of clearing all those weeds.

Now....the bed looks SO much better.

I even placed those Tinker Bell garden stones the girls created back there. And less than two weeks after we started the garden....

We already have sprouts!!! The girls chose to plant pumpkins....carrots....and a bunch of wildflowers. It's going to make for an interesting garden come summer. The girls are doing a good job of taking care of their tender chutes. I'm looking forward to following the progress with the girls.

No comments: