
See how nasty it looked? Yuck! Fortunately the doctor was able to get us in just after 8. He was concerned about the prolonged fever as well as the eye itself. He did bloodwork just to be sure nothing more serious was afoot. She sobbed the whole time she had her finger pricked and bled like a stuck pig afterwards (all over my sweater no less). After sitting and waiting, AND having her finger pricked, Allie was more than ready to be sent on her way. I personally think she was anxious to get home and see the shuttle launch. Dr. T came in with the results of her bloodwork which was fine. (Thank goodness....) As he was using his laptop to send her prescriptions to the pharmacy I handed Allie my keys in an effort to distract her from the waiting. Apparently...I lit the fuse....she hurled the keys at the side of Dr. T's head where they glanced off his ear, hit his shoulder and fell to the floor. The look on his face couldn't have been more shocked if Allie had walked in wearing a dress made of meat and burst into the first bars of "Born This Way."
"Well, that surprised me," he said calmly. I sort of made a lame attempt to discipline Allie but what's a mom to do? I wish you knew Dr. T. because it would make this story SO much funnier. He's the oldest doctor in the practice and is the most experienced. He is kind, compassionate and quiet. He speaks so softly I often have to lean in to hear his questions. He was the very first physician who ever attended to one of my children so I have a soft spot for Dr. T. I felt totally bewildered and told him that Allie had been doing things that surprised us since she arrived 20 months ago. He nodded solemnly and dismissed us.
We did make it home, but missed the shuttle launch by three minutes. She has been doing okay with the eye drops we have to give her. I think they must sting a lot because she really hates to have them put in. Fortunately it's just one drop so it goes pretty quickly. She HATES her antibiotic and spit most of the first dose back into my hand. I managed to get more of it in her later in the day. She rested well last night and seems to have the fever kicked. Now we just need to get her eye under control. And keep her away from the keys.....
1 comment:
Ahhh. Poor thing. I hope she is on the mend.
I loathe the eye drops. They must sting because Jack had pink eye and it took two of us to hold him down (one of sitting on him) and we still had a miserable time getting them in. We started sneaking into his room and doing it night but that didn't work either. He would wake up thrashing. It was awful. Everyone was crying by the end of it. :(
Post a Comment