Thursday, July 28, 2011

Casa Lamar Cliffnotes

Jamie and I are heading out on our Key West adventure this week. Which means Nana and Granddad are in charge at Casa Lamar. Before we handed over the keys to the kingdom I typed out a six-page Cliffnotes to help things run more smoothly in our absence. And yes, 6 pages is the short version. I am under no delusions that my children will miss me. In fact, I'm pretty sure they won't even notice we are gone. In any case, they are in good hands with their grandparents.

Here are some excerpts from the document I sent my parents that made me chuckle:

*When she goes hiking on Saturday, please have her wear A1’s old shoes. They are bluish and in a wooden crate in our bedroom over by the air vent. They are old and it won’t matter if they get messed up. Don’t let her wear a dress or anything white.

*Morning Snack: One packet of her Gerber fruit snacks. She will attempt to get more than one pack. Some days I let her have two….depends on how whiny she is and how exasperated I am.

*She prefers to have her toes covered.

*Do not let her con you into thinking flip-flops are okay foot attire for school.


*Disney Channel is #302

*Please roll the trashcan to the end of the driveway on Thursday morning (Wednesday night might be better, but don’t forget it is there when you back out of the driveway on Thursday morning…)


*Remind them to water/feed the hermit crabs.

No comments: