Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What Happens When Mom Isn't Home....Stays at Home

It has come to my attention that while my photography is appreciated in my "Wordless Wednesday" posts, some people would like more verbosity midweek. So this is my answer to that request. And don't worry....my usual Wordless Wednesday post can be expected later on this afternoon.

Jamie is an amazing dad. It doesn't take a genius to figure that out. He is the primary caregiver in the evenings, responsible for bath time, bed time and every other minute in-between. Despite his reputation as a "ruiner of fun" (according to our middle child) I have it on good authority that he is pretty darn exceptional. I mean....he body surfs with them....

Let's them ride around on the top of the world for a better look at things....

And throw them up into the waves with reckless abandon.

And as I learned on Monday, his skills also include really awesome Hide and Seek games. I've always known that the girls love to roughhouse with him while I am at work. It's their time to run wild and let their hair down. But this must have been one amazing game of hide and seek. Below is the aftermath:

My work phone rings.

Me: "Hello."

Jamie: "Hey."

Me: "Are you still up?"

Jamie: "Yeah, I forgot to tell you earlier, I broke the Swiffer."

Me: "You broke the Swiffer?" (In my head I am thinking...WOW! He mopped without me asking! How awesome!!)

Jamie: "Yeah, I was playing Hide and Seek with the kids and I was hiding in the corner by the stove and I sat on it and broke it."

Me: "Oh. At least I have a coupon to replace it."

So today I am off to buy a new Swiffer. At least for now I have an excuse for a dirty kitchen floor.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I love it! Dad's rock!