Monday, July 11, 2011

Family Movie Night

The Lamar clan loves a good movie night. Most of the choices revolve around princesses and other animated fare, but over the weekend, Jamie and I used our parental veto power and made the selection on our own.

After our trip to the Smokies game on Fourth of July weekend, I started thinking about The Sandlot. It's a great baseball movie and it has a memorable Fourth of July scene (which is what got me to thinking about it in the first place). We were able to find it at Wal-Mart on Saturday so it was on the bill for Saturday's movie night.

The girls really seemed to enjoy it. There were a few curse words I hadn't remembered, but I coughed really loud and tried to talk over them. We let Allie stay up for the movie, which is rare. I had planned to put her down at her normal bedtime, but she was SO into the movie. She literally talked through the entire thing. Like NON-STOP talking. The girls were getting frustrated with her running commentary. (Dog. Ball. Uh-Oh. Woops! Where dog? Get the ball! Dog. Ball. Sky. Uh-Oh. Where he go? Dog. Ball. Sky. Uh-Oh.) She loved it so much, she woke up on Sunday, still talking about the movie. The kids seemed to enjoy it although Anastasia did ask, "Are there any girls in this movie?" The DVD we bought actually has the Sandlot sequels on it as well so they are ready to see the next one.

No comments: