Monday, July 18, 2011

Why is the sky blue?

Anastasia has grown quite philosophical of late. I'm not sure if it is the ripe old age of seven talking or more things are just starting to make sense, but she's been tossing out some real zingers lately.

Yesterday, on the way to church we passed another large church. It became obvious to her (perhaps for the first time) that this church was much closer to our home than the one we attend. "Why don't we go to that church?" she asked. Jamie and I tag-teamed a rather nice response if I do say so myself. We discussed freedom of religion and all that entailed.

I wanted to go into the fact that if we attended the church she pointed out, our dear Pastor Sarah would not be allowed in the pulpit. I wanted to say that and so much more but I kept quiet. She'll learn those things soon enough. For now, we are trying to reward her curiosity, even though that means spending our entire Sunday lunch discussing the "Cut the Baby in Half" story from 1 Kings 3.

No comments: