Monday, July 25, 2011

First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Ainsley's first day of Kindergarten.
She donned her new backpack (despite not actually having anything to carry in it) and set out for school.
She stopped at her cubby and deposited her backpack.
Then she joined the other kids to get the day started.

From everything she told me, the day was a success. She can't wait to go back on Wednesday. I understand that staggered days help the kids who have never been away from their parents, but it's brutal on kids like Ainsley who have been waiting to start Kindergarten forever. She's had it marked on her calendar since the 2011 one went up on their closet door. But her eagerness will have to wait until Wednesday to go back.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I swear I wore the exact same dress my first day of Kindergarten!! I'm telling you, if I ever find a photo to prove it, you'll just die!