Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hit the Ground Running

Running has long been a "me" activity. It's my time to unwind and de-stress from the hectic life of a wife/mom/employee/friend/sister/daughter/etc. But the reality is, the many hats I wear each day often prevent me from running as much as I would like. As I lamented recently, I only ran 20 miles in June.

So while I prefer to run alone to clear my head, it became obvious to me that if I want to run at all, I better figure out a way to do it with Allie in tow. I took my plight to social media and right away found a jogging stroller for a mere $35.

Allie and I took it out for a spin last week when her sisters were occupied with a lunch date. She LOVED riding in it. We're going to be using it a lot more once her sisters are back in school. And thanks to the addition of the stroller, I've already run more miles in the first 10 days of the month than I did all last month!

No comments: